Have you ever faced the frustration of clicking on your Avast antivirus only to find that Avast VPN wont connect? You’re not alone. However, this common headache for Windows users disrupts your digital peace of mind and leaves your computer at risk.
Ensure your internet connection is stable. Update Avast VPN and your operating system. However, if issues persist, reinstall Avast VPN or contact support for targeted help.
Fear not, as this guide will dive deep into why Avast might be giving you the cold shoulder and how to fix it. So, from simple updates to more complex solutions, we’ve got you covered.
Table of Contents
How To Fix Avast VPN Wont Connect Issue?
Is Avast SecureLine VPN giving you the silent treatment by showing ‘Avast VPN wont connect?’ Often, it’s about something other than the VPN itself but your internet connection.
- Check Your Internet Connection: Start simple. Check if you can access the internet without a VPN. If not, the issue might be your connection, not Avast.
- Windows Internet Connections Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter. Use it. However, it can identify and fix common internet issues automatically.
- Restart Your Router: Unplug your router, wait a minute, and plug it back in. However, this can cause apparent glitches, causing connectivity issues.
- Dealing With Firewall And Antivirus Software Interference: Sometimes, the guardians of your PC can block friends like Avast.
- Adjusting Windows Defender Firewall Settings: Open Windows Defender Firewall. However, look for ‘Allow an app through the firewall.’
- Add Avast Secureline VPN To The List: Adding Avast SecureLine VPN as an Exception Ensure Avast has a green light in your firewall settings. However, this tells your firewall, “Avast is a friend, not a foe.”
How To Troubleshoot Installation And Activation Problems?
Need help with Avast SecureLine VPN installation or activation to solve the ‘Avast VPN wont connect’ error? You’re not alone. So, let’s get it sorted.
- First, ensure your PC meets the system requirements.
- Next, download the latest version of Avast SecureLine VPN from the official site.
- Run the installer as an administrator to avoid permission issues.
If activation fails, double-check your activation code for typos. Ensure your internet connection is stable. However, try re-entering the code after a few minutes.
Error messages can be cryptic. However, take note of any error codes and consult the Avast FAQ section. However, restarting your computer can sometimes clear these errors. Remember, patience and persistence are key. Hence, follow these steps, and you’ll be on your way to secure browsing in no time.
How To Temporarily Disable Third-Party Antivirus Software?
Other antivirus software can be overprotective. So, try turning it off temporarily to see if Avast connects. Setting Up Exceptions in Antivirus Software. Most antivirus programs let you set exceptions. Add Avast SecureLine VPN to your antivirus exception list. So, this way, your antivirus knows Avast is safe.
By fine-tuning your internet settings and making peace between your firewall/antivirus and Avast, you’re setting the stage for smooth, secure browsing.
3 Ways To Optimize VPN Settings And Server Selection
Smooth sailing with Avast SecureLine VPN might need a tweak in settings.
- Adjust VPN Protocol Settings: Different protocols offer different speeds and security. So, experiment with settings in Avast to find the best for you.
- Select Alternative Server Locations: You need more users on one server to slow you down. Hence, try switching to a less crowded server. It’s like finding a quieter road to avoid traffic.
- Ensure Correct VPN Client Settings: Check options like ‘Connect on start’. So, this ensures Avast is continually working to protect you right from startup.
How To Manage Avast SecureLine VPN Subscription?
Your subscription is the key to your VPN’s full potential.
- Verify Subscription Status: Make sure your subscription is active. However, an expired subscription means no VPN protection.
- Impact Of Subscription Issues: An inactive subscription stops all services. So, renew or update your subscription details to keep everything running smoothly.
By keeping your settings optimised and your subscription in check, you’re ensuring the best performance and security from Avast SecureLine VPN.
Advanced Solutions For Clean Booting And VPN Client Reset
When the going gets tough, the tough get going with advanced solutions.
- Performing A Clean Boot: A clean boot starts Windows with minimal drivers. Hence, it helps pinpoint if background services are clashing with Avast. Follow Microsoft’s guide to perform a clean boot on your system.
- Resetting The Avast SecureLine VPN Client: Sometimes, returning to square one is best. Reset Avast VPN to default settings through the app’s settings menu. So, this can clear up any misconfigurations.
Stuck? Avast Support is here to help. Visit the Avast Support website. Choose the contact option that best suits your issue. Be ready with details about your problem. However, the more specific you are, the better help you’ll receive.
Why won't Avast SecureLine VPN connect?
Ensure your internet connection is stable. Try switching servers or protocols in Avast's settings. A restart of the VPN client or device might also help.
How do I activate Avast SecureLine VPN?
Enter your activation code in Avast SecureLine VPN's subscription menu. Ensure you're entering the code correctly and that your subscription is valid.
Can Avast SecureLine VPN slow down my internet?
Any VPN, including Avast SecureLine, can slow internet speed due to encryption overhead. Opt for servers closer to your location for better speed.
Is Avast SecureLine VPN compatible with all operating systems?
Avast SecureLine VPN is compatible with major platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Check the Avast website for the latest compatibility information.
What should I do if my firewall blocks the Avast SecureLine VPN?
Adjust your firewall settings to allow Avast SecureLine VPN. You should add it as an exception or turn off the firewall temporarily.
We’ve covered everything from basic checks to advanced manoeuvres to get Avast SecureLine VPN up and running. Remember, every problem has a solution. Don’t hesitate to follow these steps or contact Avast Support for help. Hence, your secure, unrestricted internet access is worth the effort.
Dave LeClair is an experienced News Editor at Automaticable. He has written for publications like MakeUseOf, Android Authority, Digital Trends, and more. Dave also appears in videos for MakeUseOf and TheGamer.