Have you ever felt the frustration of a security guard not showing up for duty? That’s what happens when Avast SecureLine VPN won’t connect showing ‘Avast wont open‘ error. So, it leaves your digital life exposed.
Check your Avast installation; it may need repair. Update Avast and your operating system. However, if the issue persists, reinstall Avast or consult Avast support for a tailored solution.
This guide is your quick-fix manual for ‘Avast wont open’ issue to get Avast back on its feet, ensuring your online activities stay private and secure.
Table of Contents
Why Is Avast Not Opening?
Have you ever clicked on Avast, and nothing happened? However, it’s frustrating, right? Let’s dive into why this ‘Avast wont open’ might be happening.
- Incompatibility Issues: Sometimes, Avast needs to play nicer with your Windows. So, this could be because your system’s updates are inconsistent with Avast’s latest version. Keeping everything updated is critical.
- Driver Conflicts: Other applications on your PC might be stepping on Avast’s toes. Driver conflicts can cause Avast to throw a tantrum and not open. It’s like having two bosses giving you conflicting orders.
- Corrupted Avast Installation: Think of Avast as a puzzle. If a piece is missing or broken, it won’t look right. However, the same goes for Avast; a broken or missing file means trouble.
- Avast Service Issues: Avast needs its services to run smoothly in the background. Avast won’t wake up if these services are taking a nap.
How To Troubleshoot Avast Won’t Open Error?
Got Avast opening issues? Don’t worry. However, here are some steps to get things back on track.
- Update: First, ensure Avast and your Windows are current. It’s like making sure both your feet have shoes before you go for a run.
- Check Installation And Activation: Is Avast adequately installed and activated? It’s like checking if the engine is in the car before complaining it won’t start.
- Restart Your Computer: Sometimes, a quick reboot kicks Avast, and it needs to open up.
- Run Avast As Administrator: Right-click on Avast and choose “Run as administrator.” Hence, this gives Avast the keys to the kingdom.
By tackling these issues, you’re on your way to getting Avast up and running smoothly again.
4 Advanced Solutions To Fix Avast Issues
It’s time to bring out the big guns when basic troubleshooting doesn’t cut it. Let’s get your Avast running like a well-oiled machine. Here are some advanced solutions to fix the ‘Avast wont open’ issue:
- Accessing The Repair Tool: Open your Control Panel, go to ‘Programs and Features,’ find Avast, right-click it, and select ‘Uninstall/Change.’ Here, you’ll see a repair option. Choosing this lets Avast fix itself.
- Running The Repair: Follow the on-screen instructions. It’s like following a recipe; do each step as it comes.
- Opening The Services Window: Press ‘Win + R,’ type ‘services.msc,’ and hit Enter. This is where all the background magic happens.
- Finding And Restarting Avast Service: Scroll until you see ‘Avast Antivirus Service.’ Right-click it, then click ‘Restart.’ It’s akin to rebooting your Wi-Fi router when the internet is slow.
2 Ways To Address The Error 1079 In Avast Service Restart
Error 1079 is like a stubborn lock on Avast’s door.
- Fixing The Error: In the same Services window, right-click ‘Avast Antivirus Service,’ then ‘Properties.’ Go to the ‘Log On’ tab, click ‘Browse,’ type your account name, click ‘Check Names,’ then ‘OK.’ Enter your password if prompted.
- Restart The Service: After applying the changes, restart the service again. This should fix the error and let Avast open normally.
How To Perform A Clean Install Of Avast?
When all else fails, starting fresh can be the answer.
- Uninstalling Avast: Use the Control Panel to uninstall Avast. It’s essential to remove every trace.
- Clearing Cache And Registry: Use a trusted tool to clean up leftover files and registry entries. This ensures no old data interferes with the reinstallation.
- Reinstalling Avast: Download the latest version of Avast from the official website and install it. This is like getting a brand-new start.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve any issues with Avast not opening. Remember, keeping your software and operating system updated is critical to preventing these problems in the first place.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips For Avast Not Opening
Sometimes, Avast needs a bit more TLC to get it working right. Here are some extra steps as Avast wont open and to keep your Avast in tip-top shape.
- Fixing The WMI Repository Issues: The WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is crucial for Avast. If it’s acting up, Avast might too.
- Repairing WMI: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type winmgmt /verifyrepository. If it’s inconsistent, type winmgmt /salvagerepository. This is like tidying up Avast’s workspace so it can work better.
How To Resolve Black Screen Issues Caused By Avast?
A black screen can be scary but often an easy fix. Hence, here is how to fix it:
- Disable Hardware-Assisted Virtualization: Open Avast, go to Menu > Settings > Troubleshooting, and uncheck ‘Enable Hardware-Assisted Virtualization.’ This is like telling Avast to play nice with your computer’s graphics.
- Run Installation As Administrator: Right-click the Avast setup file and choose ‘Run as administrator.’ Hence, this gives it the permissions it needs to trust the process.
- Manual Update: Open Avast, go to Menu > Settings > General > Update, and click ‘Update’ for both virus definitions and the program. If updates fail, check your internet connection or try reinstalling Avast.
Why won't Avast open on my PC?
Ensure your Avast antivirus and Windows OS are up-to-date. Compatibility or corrupted installation could be issues. Consider reinstalling Avast for a fresh start.
How do I fix Avast installation errors?
Run the Avast installer as an administrator and temporarily turn off other antivirus software. A clean installation might be necessary if errors persist.
Can Avast cause my computer to run slow?
Yes, heavy system scans or outdated versions can slow down your PC. Optimise Avast's settings and ensure your system meets Avast's requirements.
How do I update Avast Antivirus?
Open Avast, navigate Menu > Settings > General > Update and manually update virus definitions and the program version.
What to do if Avast stops working after an update?
Restart your computer, then try repairing Avast via the Control Panel or reinstalling it. Check for compatibility with your Windows version.
We’ve covered a lot, from simple fixes to advanced troubleshooting for Avast as Avast wont open. Remember, keeping Avast and your system updated can prevent many issues.
If you’re still stuck, Avast support is your go-to. However, they’re like the techy friend who’s always there to help. Whether it’s through their help forums or direct support, don’t hesitate to reach out. After all, keeping your computer safe is a team effort.
The official team behind Automaticable. We will help solve all your tech doubts!