Avast Antivirus is a popular internet security program developed by Avast and available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. There is a free and a premium edition, both of which shield your device against cyber-attacks effectively. Even though this is high-performing software, certain problems may arise, as we will discuss today. In addition, we’ll look at the Avast shutting off automatically problem in this latest installment of our troubleshooting collection. But, ‘why does avast keep turning off’ takes place due to certain reasons, and to fix this problem.
What Is Avast Behaviour Shield And How Does It Work?
Avast is one of the most widely used antivirus programs. It runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. It offers device, server, antivirus protection, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, anti-malware and other security services.
Avast Antivirus activity Shield is an extra layer of active security that can track all processes on your PC in real-time for unusual actions that may signify the existence of malicious code.
The Avast Behaviour Shield works by detecting and blocking malicious files based on their similarities to other attacks, even though they haven’t been added to the virus definitions database.
Why Does Avast Behaviour Shield Continue To Turn Off?
The issue of ‘why does avast keep turning off’ could be due to various factors. For instance, there is a flaw in Avast Behaviour Shield. So what are the consequences of disabling Avast Behaviour Shield? If it is turned off, your computer will be in grave danger.
As a result, you must resolve the issue that Avast Shield keeps turning off. As a result, we’ll show you the solutions in the following section.
It’s safer to restart your machine before attempting any of the necessary troubleshooting measures mentioned below. This action will refresh the operating system and remove any corrupt temporary data that may be the source of the ‘why does avast keep turning off’ issue.
Avast Applications Should Be Updated
An out-of-date version of Avast may be causing the issue. When your Windows operating system has recently received a security upgrade, you can also verify if a new update for your antivirus software is available so that it can continue to function properly with Windows.
- Open the Avast user interface by clicking its icon in the system tray.
- Go to the Upgrade tab and look for two buttons with the word Update on them. One of these buttons is updating the virus definitions database, and the other is for updating the software itself.
- By clicking on both of these update buttons, you can update both the database and the program.
Check if the Avast keeps shutting down on its problem of ‘why does avast keep turning off’ still exists.
Start The aswbIDSAgent Service Once More
Avast uses the aswbIDSAgent as one of its services to protect your computer. Changing any of the Service’s settings normally solves the issue of.’
- Using the Windows Key + R key combination, open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “services.msc” in the Run dialogue box and then click OK.
- Locate the aswbIDSAgent Service, right-click on it and select Properties.
- You can leave the Service halted if it is (you should search it right next to the Service status section). If the Service is still running, press the Stop button and wait for it to stop before moving on to the next move.
Avast Has Been Repaired
- To open the Settings app, click the gear-shaped icon in the lower-left corner of the Start menu.
- Go to Apps and pick it. You can open a list of all installed programs and tools on your PC right away; be patient as it loads.
- In the Control Panel or Settings, look for Avast and press Modify. Then, to restore it, follow any directions that might arise.
- Check to see if the same Avast shield issue still exists.
Avast Should be Reinstalled
If the above measures do not resolve the problem, you may try reinstalling Avast.
- From the official website, download the most recent version of Avast.
- From the official website, download the Avast Uninstall Utility.
- After you’ve downloaded these files, disconnect from the Internet and enter Safe Mode.
- To enter Safe Mode, press F8.
- On/Off is selected by pressing the Windows button.
- Restart while holding down the Shift key.
- Then select Troubleshoot and Advanced Options from the drop-down menu.
- Select Start-up Settings from the “Advanced options” menu.
- Restart can be found under “Start-up Settings.”
- There are several boot options to choose from. The numbers 4,5 or 6 are the relevant options for Safe Mode booting. Press one of the numbers or the function keys F4, F5, or F6 to select an option.
- Safe Mode is now active in Windows 10.
Launch the Avast Uninstall Utility and navigate to the folder where Avast was mounted. You could keep it in the default folder if you placed it there. Download Avast here.
Remove the choice and restart your machine using the usual start-up method.
Check if the Avast keeps shutting down on the problem of ‘why does avast keep turning off’ still exist.
How Can You Protect Your Computer Without Avast?
It is recommended that you create a system image to provide better protection for your computer. After that, even if Avast finds errors or other issues, you can keep your computer and data secure.
In the meantime, how do you make a machine image? MiniTool Shadow Maker, a specialist Windows backup program, can be used to generate a device image. Click Here to download MiniTool Shadow Maker.
It backs up the operating system, partitions, drives, directories, and folders. It also functions as a cloning tool, allowing you to copy the operating system from a hard drive to an SSD without losing files.
This article is also useful for Avast behavior shield is now off, Avast behavior shield turns off, Avast behavior shield turned off, behavior shield keeps turning off, Avast keeps turning off.
In conclusion, if all of these steps do not fix your error, then one last measure to be taken is using the “Restore Repair tool.” If any issue occurs due to system corruption, this tool will help fix them and ensure the smooth running of your apps. Hence, the problem of why does Avast keep turning off is solved.
See also: 6 Common Avast VPN Problems – [Solved]
Tony, computing writer at Automaticable, covers laptops, tablets, Windows, iOS. Off-duty, he indulges in comics, gaming, speculative fiction, and excessive Twitter use. Non-nerdy side includes rocking out at concerts and hitting NYC bars.