When you’re updating your Windows 10 OS, you may run into some error or a bug that will stop you from using your PC/Laptop and in turn will hamper with your work. Such error are the Update Error 0x8024a105 and 0x8000ffff. Today we’ll help you to get rid of Error 0x8024a105 and hop back onto your work.
To fix the error 0x8024a105 on Windows 10 switch to a wireless connection, rebooting, windows update troubleshooting, delete the software distribution folder, etc.
Here’s what it’ll look like when you encounter the error code 0x8024a105
Table of Contents
How To Fix The Error Code 0x8024a105
Now, let’s go ahead and look for the solutions the Microsoft Error Code 0x8024a105
Switch Your Internet Connection
First, check if your Internet connection is fine. Check for downtimes or high jitters or if your connection is strong or not.
If the internet is working fine, try switching the mode of connection, that is, if you have a wired connection, try switching to a wireless connection and vice-versa. If the internet’s causing you the problem, doing this will remove the Windows update error 0x8024a105.
However, if the internet’s not at fault, then try the methods below.
Well, probably the easiest and safest way to get rid of the (0x8024a105) error code. In this, you just have to reboot your PC/Laptop and upon rebooting, you should get rid of this error.
This might not work for everyone but hey! Don’t worry. We got plenty of other ways to get rid of this error caused by the Windows update.
Windows Update Troubleshooting
Windows has a built-in troubleshooting interface that helps the user to look scan for problems and shows the best ways possible to fix the problem and in some cases, fixes the problem automatically. You can do the same if you encounter the error code 0x8024a105. Follow the following steps and this will help you to get rid of the error.
- Go to the Search Bar that’s present in your Windows Taskbar and look for “Windows Update Settings”
- Once there, look for the “Troubleshoot” option which will be present in the left list.
- Find the Windows Update troubleshooter and click the “Run the Troubleshooter” button.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to look for the problems and it’s known to fix the 0x8024a105 error code. After the troubleshooting process is finished, try to update your Windows and see whether you encounter the error or not.
If the error 0x8024a105 persists, try one of the solutions below.
Delete The Software Distribution Folder
Some problems in the Software Distribution Folder can hinder Windows update and cause problems like our own, the 0x8024a105 error code. To fix this, do the following steps and maybe you can get rid of the error.
- Start the Windows Powershell or Command Prompt as an admin. You can easily find these programs by typing “Powershell” and “Cmd” in the search bar present in your taskbar respectively.
- Type the following code in your shell one by one and press enter:
net stop bit
net stop wuauserv
- Now browse to the location – C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all the files present in it. (Do not delete the folder itself but ONLY the files present in it)
- Now return to Command Prompt (or Powershell, if you’re using that) and type the following code one by one and press enter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
- Finally reboot your device and try installing the update and the error 0x8024a105 should not persist.
However, if it does, proceed with the following methods.
Use The DISM
Sometimes the update files corrupts, hence causing the error 0x8024a105. If this is the problem, then you should use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool (or shortly, the DISM tool) and that can surely act as a fix. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Open Command Prompt (Or the Windows Powershell, if you prefer that) and run it as an administrator
- Type the following stuff in the Prompt:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Let the DISM tool do its work. It will scan for all the problems and the corrupted files/folders and fix the problem for you. Restart your device and update your Windows.
The problem (Microsoft Error Code 0x8024a105) should have been fixed until now if you have followed all the steps correctly. However, if the problem is still there (no need to worry, we’re still here for you) then there’s one final step and that’s the one-shot to cure all the problems, so here we go with the final one.
Reinstall Your Windows 10 OS
However unbelievable it might sound, this is the only method and this will solve the problem with error code 8024a105. Some bug(s) might have occurred when you were installing Windows on your device. Try this method, if no other option remains. This will get rid of all the errors including the Microsoft Error Code 0x8024a105.
Microsoft Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a105 is an error caused during updating your Windows OS and is easily solvable if you follow the solutions provided by us correctly. The error (0x8024a105) might be caused due to corruption of files, a virus, missing files, inconsistency in your internet connection, some problem in the Software Distribution Folder, or a bug occurring during your Microsoft Windows OS installation. This error is also not present in the official Window’s error code list but no worries! We here at Automaticable are always here to help you.
Once again, Make sure to follow all the steps and your Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a105 will be fixed in no time! Feel free to browse our site for some interesting blogs related to Technology or you can also search for solutions to other tech-related problems. We have it all here, and if we don’t, we are working our best to fix your problems and will bring it to you real quick!
See Also: Hulu Error Code 504? [Fixed]
Tony, computing writer at Automaticable, covers laptops, tablets, Windows, iOS. Off-duty, he indulges in comics, gaming, speculative fiction, and excessive Twitter use. Non-nerdy side includes rocking out at concerts and hitting NYC bars.