The world is going completely digital, and with such quick technological advancements, machines are becoming more and more efficient. However, a device isn’t always error-free. Many such errors occur randomly due to some complications requiring human manual assistance or due to system built-in issues, like bad system config info windows 10 error.
Windows isn’t so much error-free too. Among many errors that may be small or large, one such is the ‘Bad System Configuration’ error.
Bad System Config Info Windows 10 Error
On Windows systems, the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) file, system, and registry file malfunctions, or both, frequently result in the bug check error known as Bad System Config Info.
Some BCD boot order files might conflict with more recent, reliable files, including some older ones. In simple words, this issue indicates a problem with your computer’s registry, so you should restore a previous setting.
The causes for the bad system config info windows 10 are:
- A faulty hard disc
- Faulty RAM
- Outdated, incorrect, or missing drivers
- Data with a damaged boot configuration (BCD)
- Errors in the Windows registry
- Windows system files with errors
How To Fix Bad System Config Info Windows 10
The Windows stop code 0x00000074 error, related to a flawed system setting, can come from several sources. A poor system setup, unfortunately, encompasses a wide range of issues, including issues with the Windows Registry, problematic drivers, corrupt system files, and more.
To our advantage, it is easy to fix and does not require much technical expertise. The options available are:
Restart Your PC
Restarting your computer is always the first and simplest solution. Several problems can be resolved by turning your laptop on and off again. Restart your computer to check if it fixes the Bad System Config Info error before attempting the other options.
Run CHKDSK And SFC
Important Windows system files may occasionally become corrupt, resulting in a problem. A faulty file system may cause a persistent Bad System Config Info issue. You can use the built-in Windows system tool Windows System File Check (SFC) to check for faults. However, ensuring the SFC command is functioning properly before using it is crucial. Like SFC, DISM is a built-in Windows program with several features. In this instance, the DISM Restorehealth command ensures that our next repair will function as intended. Here’s how to get started:
- In order to open an elevated Command Prompt, enter Command Prompt (Admin) in the Start menu search box, then right-click and choose Run as administrator.
- Enter the command “DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” once you have typed it.
- Hold off until the command is finished. Wait for the procedure to finish, even if it sometimes seems to be stalled. Depending on the condition of your system, the process could take up to 20 minutes.
- When it’s finished, type SFC /scannow and hit Enter.
CHKDSK is an additional Windows system utility that looks at your file structure. SFC exclusively checks your Windows system files, whereas CHKDSK scans your entire drive for faults. Like SFC, you can repair your computer using the Command Prompt to conduct the CHKDSK scan.
- Enter “command prompt” in the search bar on your Start menu, then right-click the top result and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Next, enter the command chkdsk /r. The command will check your system for faults and address any problems.
Restoring The Windows Registry
The Bad System Config Info error may also be related to Windows Registry problems.
The Windows Registry is a sizable internal database that houses crucial, machine-specific data on practically everything on your computer:
- System Hardware
- Installed Applications and
- Drivers System Preferences
- Information about your profile
Using System Restore To Fix Windows Registry
You can use a system restore point instead if you don’t have a manual Windows Registry backup to restore. When the function is activated, Windows automatically produces system restore points that you can use to go back.
- Search for restoration by pressing Windows key + S. Choose the option to establish a restore point. System Properties will then be displayed.
- Open the System Protection tab to check the protection status, modify settings, and immediately create a restore point.
- Select System Restore, followed by the desired restore point, if you want to use a system restore point. Then adhere to the guidelines.
The alternative steps are:
- By holding down the power button, you can switch off your computer and turn it back on. Restart the PC on seeing the manufacturer’s logo. Repetition is necessary until you perceive. Kindly wait. Then Choose Troubleshoot.
- Pick Troubleshoot, then select Advanced options > System Restore on the following screen.
- Enter the password for the administrator account of your choice. Choose Continue.
- Next, pick a restore point from which to restart your computer. Choose the most recent reliable configuration.
- Reset your PC if the issue persists or if there isn’t a restore point available.
Thus, these are the ways of resolving bad system config info windows 10 error from your PC, follow them and get it resolved.
- We Couldn’t Complete The Updates Undoing Changes | Top 6 Ways
- How to Fix The Error ” Windows 10 Sleeps After 1 Minute”
Joe Fedewa is a Staff Writer at Automaticable. He has close to a decade of experience covering consumer technology and previously worked as a News Editor at XDA Developers. Joe loves all things technology and is also an avid DIYer at heart. He has written thousands of articles, hundreds of tutorials, and dozens of reviews. Joe got his start in the industry covering Windows Phone on a small blog.